Baking project #1: Animal Shapes German Cookies

Hello dearies!


Hello to those that taking time to drop by at my little blog space, based on the title today I'm gonna blog about baking! It's funny that my blog started to run away off beauty products, and more into other stuff like this haha! I'm sure it will be good for you girls to know too, who knows that it will makes you getting interested in baking as well :D

I don't really do baking most of the time, i'll just bake once in a blue moon or special occasion lol! This month which gets me really into it is because of Chinese New Year is coming~~ I love baking CNY cookies since last year because my colleagues are really good at it, that they kinda influence me to bake my own cookies too! I love to do it as it is way cheaper (eventhou it's tiring) and you know what ingredient are you putting inside and it's home made. Home made make everything sounds lovely hahaha~ Whether it taste good or not, but it's homemade at least you put your effort & hard work into it, you will feel more appreciate lol! But everything can be practice so no worries, practice makes perfect!

And, for my first baking experience that I'm gonna reveal to you was German Cookies! This is my first time making this year and I choose the simplest recipe to make hahaha Next time I might blog other cookies as well so I will call this my Baking Project lol
To be honest, baking is really tiring and will use up your time (one full day or few days), but the outcome and results makes you feel all worth it of course~ if it taste good that will be a super bonus!


Here is my usual note to write down the recipe beforehand, I got my recipe idea from this blog 
---> smallsmallbaker Use a notebook to keep your recipe so you know where to find them always and won't keep on disappear. Or you can just google them easily. For me I will also do a simple sketch like the monkey shape cookies lol to give me a rough idea on how to make my cookies shape later on.

German Cookies 

Ingredients
(quantity of the cookies will be varies depends on your cookies size)
(I include 2 size servings of ingredients for your reference)

125g / 250g butter
40g / 70g icing sugar, sifted
125g / 250g potato starch
80g / 160g superfine flour (or hong kong flour)

For decorations
roasted black sesame seeds
icing (bone shape)
cranberry chop into bits
Koko crunch
cocoa powder

Method 
1. Beat butter and icing sugar till fluffy and lighter in colour.

2. Sift in potato starch and flour, mix to form a soft dough. (When your dough does not stick your hand means it's ready to go) Tips: Add a teaspoon of potato starch if your dough still feels sticky!

3. Roll into small balls (about 2cm in diameter), arrange on lined baking pan and press lightly with a fork (dip the fork in water after each press to prevent cookie dough from sticking to the fork). (This design is the easiest and looks very clean. My design are based on animal shape)

4. Bake in preheated oven at 170 deg C for 15 mins, upper rack (need not bake till cookies turn brown). (For my small oven I use 190 deg for 25 mins, Degree and Time is based on your oven power)


Here is my outcome of baking animal shape german cookies, you can create your own animals design too...the imagination is wild! :D Enjoy!


 I personally added on cranberry bits to act as the puppies nose. To my surprise after I tried it out, it taste amazing & really unique with the cranberry flavor (sweetness & sour) on the cookies. I will make another batch of cookies just with cranberry bits on top.

 Instead of using cocoa powder to make chocolate flavor german cookies, I use another alternative ways to act as puppies ears which is by using Koko crunch, it is way faster & easier! Save alot of time seriously (my back ache! :D) But bear in mind using Koko krunch the taste is not as that thick & bitter when you use cocoa powder to mix. Still, it is still yummy~

 They are all so cute don't you think so? All waiting to be bake in the oven~~
In the background is the icing (bone shape that I bought from local baking store), roasted black sesame seed and chopped cranberry bits.

 All gently packed into containers. 
(or else they will be crush as german cookies are really fragile since they have the melt-in-your-mouth effect)

 My personal favorite is using cocoa powder & blend into the cookies mix and this color that payoff is good enough & it's really delicious~



Plan to make a monkey shape coz this year is Monkey year, say is easy but when you make it's really making me laugh all the way~ It doesn't look like monkey, but more to teddy bears or sheep! Hahaha



I hope you enjoy my blogpost! If you do have any questions that you wanna ask, if I didn't write clearly in my blog, do comment below & I'll try my best to help!
Happy trying!
instagram: ireanlovesbeauty
FB store: iBeauty Store (pink logo)

Comments

Popular Posts